- Check the renewal requirements for your certificate. See the Find Your State page for renewal information by state.
- Click the View My Account Link in the upper right hand corner of the site.
- Click the Register button.
- Fill out your contact information (PA Teachers don't forget to include your PA Professional ID).
- Browse the Course Catalog (on the left hand side of the site) and add courses to your cart. *Firefox or Safari are the most compatible browsers for our checkout process.
- It's THAT simple!
Check out our FAQ page for more details and of course, contact us for further assistance.
Just a few moments after you purchase a course, you will receive a Welcome Email from The Teacher's Academy. At the bottom of this email is a link to your course. You will download the course and extract or unzip the files from the folder.
Each course folder has several files. They are numbered in the order they will be used throughout the course.
Start by opening the 01_Course file. This is the main course and will provide everything you need including informational text, directions, and guidance to help you complete the course. (I recommend you print it out, but it's not necessary.)
Some courses have short assessments. Others include projects such as lesson plans and short essays for you to complete. Some include both.
You must score 80% or better on the assessments to consider that portion complete. You must execute the skills and requirements in the projects to have that portion considered "complete." You don't get graded: This is more a Pass/Fail. In other words, you either did the work or you didn't! If there is a question regarding the completeness of the work, a representative will contact you.
You do not have to be actively working in a classroom to complete these courses!
You can complete the course at your own pace. There is no minimum time to complete the course, but it must be completed within 365 days of the purchase date.