PennsylvaniaRegister for a Class
Welcome, Pennsylvania Teachers!
The Teacher's Academy is the proud parent of Act 48 Academy, LLC. Act 48 of 1999 requires Pennsylvania teachers to accrue 180 hours of professional development every 5 years. The Pennsylvania Department of Education will only accept professional development hours from Act 48 Approved Providers. All of our courses are Act 48 approved! We are the affordable and convenient solution for PA teachers that need all 180 hours or just a few. Our courses meet the rigorous demands of the state, are packed with relevant and current teaching strategies and are the most affordable option for Act 48 Hours. We are a company of teachers, helping teachers.
Affordable, Online Professional Development for Busy PA Teachers
- Click here to browse all courses.
- Materials are sent to you immediately and you can begin your course right away.
- Courses can be completed autonomously and at your own convenience.
- All courses are written by active school-teachers.
- Courses are designed to improve student learning though the enhancement of the teacher’s pedagogy (utilizing the most relevant, current and proven teaching strategies).
- Our courses are aligned with Common Core and PA State Standards.
- For pre-approval submit the Request for Approval form.
- Be sure to include your PA Professional ID when filling out your account profile. We use this to upload your credits! You do NOT need to give us your SSN.
- Within 5-7 business days of completing the course, we will upload your credits to the Pennsylvania Department of Education website- you don’t have to!
- Not sure how many Act 48 credits you need or how to get your PA Professional ID? Click here to get that information.
- Verify Act 48 Academy as an approved provider from the State of Pennsylvania's website. (We are in beautiful Bucks County.)
The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The Teacher’s Academy complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, The Teacher’s Academy is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Attention PA Administrators and Private Schools
- Act 48 Academy is available to conduct personalized trainings at your school. For on-site training at your school, download the Onsite Training form.
- We have several options for managing professional development hours for administrators. Please contact us at 215-660-4926 to customize an option that works for you.