Product ID : CA1029
“Everything is physics and math.” -Katherine Johnson
Are you interested in learning about quality math websites that will support your students? Are you overwhelmed at the idea of trying to find math websites that would be easy to implement and effective in raising achievement levels? The Teacher’s Academy has created a “short cut” course for busy teachers who want to use digital learning to get students engaged in learning and at the same time, support their curriculum goals. Math Website Reviews for Teachers gives teachers 25 math-related websites to keep in their professional tools boxes forever. This course is worth 3 hours of professional development.
While teachers quickly scan through the 25 websites, they select 5 to review. After reviewing the 5 websites, teachers are to select one resource to turn into an activity to (hopefully) use in class.
Teachers finally have time to “play with” and learn how to best use websites for their class and earn 3 professional development hours for their time reviewing websites that were hand-picked by teachers. Easy as 3.14159.
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
- Review 25 websites
- Written analysis of 5 websites
- Integration of skills
- Online participant survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders, basic word processing skills such as using tables
- Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
- Internet access
- Adobe Reader (11.0.1 or later)
Note: You can download this software for free at Adobe.com
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Research and review websites that have educational value in the classroom.
- Choose five sites to develop a deep understanding for application purposes.
- Write a review describing the strengths, weaknesses and how effective the site might beto enhance student learning.
- Utilize the web resources provided in the course to develop a lesson, activity or professional product that enhances the student learning experience.