Product ID : MA1002
“Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.”- Alfred Hitchcock
You do not have to be a drama teacher to take this course! This course was written by a drama teacher, but it is intended for teachers of other subjects. You will learn how to incorporate script writing, improvisation and character development into your curriculum. Teachers of any subject area will have a blast creating the materials to use in class, watching your students act out a scientific phenomenon or using improvisation to become a historical figure. This course offers teachers an opportunity to include creative writing, public speaking, preparation and memorization skills and performance opportunities as components of their curricula with the added benefit of 18 hours of professional development. Break a leg!
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
- Video Reaction: Art in Action, Dance and Drama Improving Student Achievement
- Create an Improvisation Game
- Character Development Worksheet
- Scripted Character Monologue
- Scene Outline
- Scripted Scene
- Lesson Plan Makeover
- Online Participant Survey
Basic knowledge of computer file management, e.g. opening, saving and uploading documents and files; creating folders; utilizing a word processor
- Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
- Adobe Reader 10.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework
Note: You can download this software for free at Adobe.com
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- View and respond to integrating drama techniques in an educational environment.
- Improvise and summarize a script using writing prompts and connecting content to standards.
- Explore the benefits of character development, creating dialogue between characters and developing a scene and how these strategies can improve student achievement.
- Browse relevant, quality educational resources to help integrate and justify drama activities in the classrooom.
- Create an integrated drama lesson designed to increase academic achievement, connect to standards and support curriculum goals, through dramatic activities.