Product ID : CA1026
“A people without the knowledge of their past-history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.”
Are you interested in learning about quality social studies websites that will support your students? Are you overwhelmed at the idea of trying to find something that would be easy to implement and effective in raising achievement levels? The Teacher’s Academy has created a “short cut” course for busy teachers who want to use digital learning to get students engaged in learning and at the same time, support their curriculum goals. Social Studies Website Reviews gives teachers 24 websites to keep in their professional tools boxes forever, and 3 hours of professional development.
While teachers quickly scan through the 24 websites, they select 5 to review. After reviewing the 5 websites, teachers are to select one resource to turn into an activity to (hopefully)use in class.
Teachers finally have time to “play with” and learn how to best use websites for their class and earn 3 professional development hours for their precious time reviewing websites hand-picked by teachers. Have fun playing!
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
- 24 Website Reviews
- Written Analysis of 5 websites
- Skills Integration
- Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
- Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
- Internet access
- Adobe Reader (11.0.1 or later)
Note: You can download this software for free at Adobe.com
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Research and review websites that have educational value in the classroom.
- Choose five sites to develop a deep understanding for application purposes.
- Write a review describing the strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness of the site in terms of enhancing student learning.
- Create a lesson plan, activity or professional product utilizing the web resources provided in the course.