Product ID : SP1002
“Virtual tour was the project I enjoyed most. It is a lesson I will use to introduce a unit I would like to teach. I prefer to always spend my time completing projects that are very practical and usable in my own classroom.” – Lisa S.
Need a few fresh ideas for teaching in the inclusive classroom? Spend three (3) professional development hours checking out these innovative strategies designed to introduce, strengthen or assess content knowledge.
Strategies include: Barometer; Silent Movie; Virtual Tour; Wall Street Winners; Famous Facebook Page; Jigsaw Learning; Guess the Topic; Puzzle Pieces; Reciprocal Teaching; Caught Texting
Whether you have a class full of mixed ability students, a multitude of multiple intelligences or an infinite amount of interests, this course is for you! You will discover fun activities for all the major subjects (including music and art) and then create your own activities to use with your students. We hope you enjoy learning about these engaging activities while earning your three hours of professional development! Have Fun!
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
1. Three strategy implementation
2. Video Analysis
3. Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders, basic word processing skills such as using tables
· Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
· Internet access
· Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
· Research and evaluate activities that deliver instruction while addressing the variety of learners in the classroom.
· Design team-building activities that enhance social relationships and build confidence.
· Integrate differentiation concepts that can be implemented within the classroom.
· Read about and analyze the future of inclusion classrooms.
· Watch a video and analyze the effectiveness of the teaching strategies.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS