Product ID : CA1023
I really liked having such a long and differentiated list of websites to look at. Most were new to me and I will definitely use them. The course allowed me to really evaluate the difference between what makes a website good and usable, such as navigation.- Teresa S.
Are you interested in learning about fun early childhood websites? We have selected 20 websites for you to quickly scan through, review and let us know what you think – all while earning 3 professional development hours! You finally have time to “play with” and learn how to best use websites for your class. Or you may decide some sites are worthless! Either way, you will still earn 3 professional development hours for your precious time reviewing websites hand-picked by teachers. Have fun playing!
Websites in this course:
Earobics, Sesame Street, TSLBooks, Turtle Diary, Oh Noah!, CODE, Story It, Mocomi, Mr. Nussbaum Free, Neo K12, Adapted Mind, Figure This!, Club Penguin, Switch Zoo, Computer Lab Favorite, The Noun Project, First In Math, Poisson Rouge, Enchanted Learning, Make Beliefs, Comix Story It
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
· Review 20 Websites
· Written analysis of 5 websites
· Integration of skills
· Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders, basic word processing skills such as using tables
· Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
· Internet access
· Adobe Reader 11.0.1 or later (You can download this software for free at Adobe.com)
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
· Research and review websites that have educational value in the classroom.
· Choose five sites to develop a deep understanding for application purposes.
· Write a review describing the strengths, weaknesses and how effective the site might be to enhance student learning.
· Utilize the web resources provided in the course to develop a lesson, activity or professional product that enhances the student learning experience.