Product ID : CA1015
“I enjoyed completing the grade sheet in excel for student completion. I like having students keep track of their own grading because it creates self-regulation skills and ownership of their own learning.”– Kathryn L.
One of the most common uses of spreadsheets amongst teachers is the grade sheet. Even if you currently do not work in a classroom setting, building a grade sheet will sharpen your Excel skills and prepare you for future Excel projects. When finished this course, you will be able to enter, format and rotate text, format columns and rows, enter formulas, calculate averages, merge cells, copy formulas, and format cells with borders and colors. Earn professional development hours while growing your Excel skills!
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
1. Whole Class Grade Sheet
2. Student Grade Sheet
3. Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
· Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
· Execute commands provided by written instructions to create two (2) grade sheets: (1) A Whole Class Grade Sheet and (2) A Student Grade Sheet
· Manipulate software to customize cell settings.
· Determine and write the appropriate formulas needed to generate the desired result.
· Assess the skills learned by reworking them to generate a similar spreadsheet.
· Discuss ways and benefits of integrating grade sheets to improve student instruction.
· Teach student accountability by incorporating student-generated and managed grade sheets.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
· CCSS Math Practice
· CCSS Math 2.4
· CCSS LA- Writing 1.4