Product ID : CA1002M
“I really enjoyed the budget creation activity. It allowed me to learn new skills regarding the development of formulas and how powerful of a tool that Excel can be if you simply know how to use it to its fullest potential. The personal budget was quick and easy to put together and gave me ideas on how I can better keep track of my own personal finances at home.” – Greg P.
Microsoft Excel can be one of the greatest organizational and time-saving tools in your arsenal. For some, opening Excel and staring at the blank spreadsheet can be a daunting task. This course is designed to help you feel comfortable working with Excel by integrating it into your educational workspace. By completing a series of relevant and accessible projects you will have the skills to create customized Excel worksheets for your learning environment. Whether you are a novice or an advanced MS Excel user, you are bound to utilize the fruits of these lessons as well as learn a few new skills and tricks to put in your educational tool belt! You might as well earn 15 hours toward professional development requirements while developing useful materials in Microsoft Excel.
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
1. Personal Finance Budget
2. Integrated Project: Grade Sheet
3. Address Labels/ Mail Merge
4. Written Assessment
5. Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
· Internet Access
· Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
· Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
· Adobe Reader 10.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework (You can download this software for free at Adobe.com)
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
· Utilize spreadsheet software to design a budget spreadsheet.
· Determine appropriate formulas needed to find totals, averages, profits and losses.
· Recognize common formula errors and ways to remedy them.
· Manipulate spreadsheet data to sort and filter fields and records.
· Integrate student rosters to design a grade sheet.
· Integrate skills learned to implement a student-led and designed grade sheet.
· Construct a database of addresses and merge the addresses into a labels document using a Mail Merge.
· Explore ways Excel can enhance communication efforts between the teachers, students, parents and community.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
· CCSS Math Practice
· CCSS Math 2.4
· CCSS LA- Writing 1.4