Product ID : CA1002
“The grading sheet was the standout activity because I will surely use the skills I learned creating the grade spreadsheet. I can adapt the information to create spreadsheets for individual students, or for one project that has multiple parts. An excel spreadsheet is by far the superior method to organize and keep track of grades because it can be accessible to email to parents, and can be updated easily. It can also be used to quickly find averages, percentages and total grades.” Callie S.
Microsoft Excel can be one of the greatest organizational and time-saving tools in your arsenal. For some, opening Excel and staring at the blank spreadsheet can be a daunting task. This course is designed to help you feel comfortable working with Excel by integrating it into your educational workspace. By completing a series of relevant and accessible projects you will have the skills to create customized Excel worksheets for your learning environment. Whether you are a novice or an advanced MS Excel user, you are bound to utilize the fruits of these lessons as well as learn a few new skills and tricks to put in your educational tool belt! You might as well earn 15 hours toward professional development requirements while developing useful materials in Microsoft Excel.
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
1. Personal Finance Budget
2. Integrated Project: Grade Sheet
3. Address Labels/ Mail Merge
4. Written Assessment
5. Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
· Internet Access
· Microsoft Word v. 2010/ 2013/ 2016
· Microsoft Excel v. 2010/ 2013/ 2016
· Adobe Reader 10.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework (You can download this software for free at Adobe.com)
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
· Utilize spreadsheet software to design a budget spreadsheet.
· Determine appropriate formulas needed to find totals, averages, profits and losses.
· Recognize common formula errors and ways to remedy them.
· Manipulate spreadsheet data to sort and filter fields and records.
· Integrate student rosters to design a grade sheet.
· Integrate skills learned to implement a student-led and designed grade sheet.
· Construct a database of addresses and merge the addresses into a labels document using a Mail Merge.
· Explore ways Excel can enhance communication efforts between the teachers, students, parents and community.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
· CCSS Math Practice
· CCSS Math 2.4
· CCSS LA- Writing 1.4