Product ID : CA1001M
“I enjoyed the merged letter. I had never tried this before and it will be a good way to make it easy to send individualized letters to my students and parents.” – Bree E.
As an educator, the chances that you will use a word processing program to help you develop and organize curriculum are pretty good. This course takes you through the fundamental skills of Microsoft Word while creating materials for use in your classroom, administrative office, library or any educational environment. Whether you are a novice or an advanced MS Word for Mac user, you are bound to utilize the fruits of these lessons as well as learn a few new skills and tricks to put in your educational tool belt! You might as well earn 15 hours towards your licensure renewal requirements while developing useful materials using Microsoft Word.
PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED
1. Design a Test
2. Parent Communication Letter
5. Written Assessment
6. Online Participant Survey
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
· Internet Access
· Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 version 14.1
· Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 version 14.1
· Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework (You can download this software for free at Adobe.com)
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
· Increase fluency of the following technical skills: Insert, edit and format Headers, Tables, Text, Shapes, Images, and other core features of Microsoft Word.
· Implement learned technical skills to create a test and certificates for students.
· Develop a database and form letter to execute a mail merge and increase student parent communication efficiency.
· Integrate learned skills to develop a lesson plan that engages students in Microsoft Word software.
· Explore possibilities integrating the software in both personal and professional realms.
· Apply the learned skills in an assessment.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
· CCSS: ELA-Literacy- Writing K-12
· CCSS: ELA-Literacy- Reading Informational Text K-12
· CCSS: ELA- Literacy- RST Science and Technical Standards 6-8.9